Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rapping Roberto


He's been on tv, radio, and written a book or two. He called out the chinese for their illegal drug use in the Olympics (a few times), was called a "midget" who "knows absolutely jack shit about baseball" (by none other than Barry Bonds), and has a considerable (albeit boring) resume.

I mean, come on! Who blogs about Bob Costas? And what can I say about him? Sure I'd heard his name before I looked him up on Wikipedia. Since I have little interest in sports, let alone the people talking about the sports, I am possibly the worst candidate for writing about Bob Costas. However.... he has a good sneeze/swear name. I could easily transition from my recent Bob Dylan exclamations. And I always welcome a good sneeze challenge (as long as there is no words that start with "h" because that is actually a little painful).

Honestly, I'm a little annoyed at his story as told on Wikipedia. Whoever wrote it apparently had no interest in showing WHO Bob Costas was.... Either that or they were paid by Bob Costas to only showcase things that may promote his career (though it hardly seems he ever needed assistance getting to the top) and withhold anything that may infer he is actually human and makes mistakes. Though he did divorce and remarry... what a cretin!

Marie, I wish I could think of something or someone nearly as boring as Bob Costas for you to blog about... And maybe I could've done a better job of this, but I am feeling uninspired and just wanted to get it over with!

What would Bob Costas say?

"I don't believe there's a single American sitting around saying, 'I'd like to see Bob Costas' take on this.'” - Bob Costas

2 comments:

....Me. said...

I still think you did an utterly fabulous job! I like that you added a pic. LOL!

I'm dreading my topic now .... when do I get one, btw?

jdt said...

This is above and beyond awesome! I want in, gimme a topic...oh how i long to write about something stupid for thee.