Sunday, July 5, 2009

Junk yard musings

Listening to Audrey Assad who I found in a roundabout way of link pasting.

Reading about Kate McRae... the amazing little girl who inspired the whole world to pray for her and write songs for her, worship God in honor of her. I pray that she is healed and the whole world sees how mighty the hand of our God is.. and how gracious He is to listen to us.

I need to pack. Again. When did destinations stop being destinations? Instead just another pit stop... for who knows how long? How do people live in one place for decades? Why are we so nomadic? Well, you can't say we are afraid of change :)

The world is a cruel place for talent. Even if we find the thing we are good at only one person can be the best at it and then even that position is fickle relying on the whims of society, trends of an indecisive humanity. As a christian we know our talent is for God, to praise Him to bring Him glory. Something no one talks about is how we know if we are doing that adequately or not. Is it measured by the acceptence of others? Will we be affirmed by human confirmation? Is it only effective if the results are visible? This is a difficult presupposition to overcome.

I see miracles all around me. The grace of God is a miracle all in itself. It's not that I cannot see results of God's hand. I still struggle with how I fit in that. I've learned that God in fact DOES listen to me, my prayers. I have absolutely no doubt about that. And I know that we are to use our uniqueness in traffic control. I don't have the answers, but I know who does.

Maybe I say too many words. Maybe I think too many thoughts. Maybe I should do as my mother does and secure a barrage of meaningful cliches. One of my favorites that I hung up on the door to the garage says "If it matters to you, it matters to Him." Pretty sure that was a Max Lucado.

Why can't I remember scripture? I've been reading the bible since I was able to read. I'm in it at least once a day. Ask me to recite a passage and everything I memorized in grade school, the chapters I had to know by heart in high school go flying out of my head. I wish I could. Good thing I love to read! Because I'm going to need to re-read the bible everytime I need God's words. Not a problem :)

I am a random junk yard of musings today... discarded thoughts revisited, thinking perhaps I can make something of my semi-abandoned ideas. Meh....








No comments: